Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Homework regarding internet plug-in



I found a free plug-in for the mezzy style artistic grains for Photoshop, and downloaded it. The plug-in can be found here at http://www.cybia.co.uk/mezzy.htm. Installation was a breeze. The plug-in was downloaded as a zip file, which I unzipped and copied into my Photoshop plug in folder, into a mezzy sub-folder. I opened Photoshop, and the plug-in came up without a problem. I chose a simple photo of the Queen Mary, and a Russian sub museum, and adapted the photo as a rustic background with a sepia-type color, and rough grain. It almost appears like a photo you would see from an old post card.

The happy problem I have with this homework assignment is that there are so many Photoshop plug-ins to choose from. I have spent an hour going through the three websites, looking at all the different free plug-ins, wondering which one to download for this assignment. Heck, I would rather download them all so I can play with them. I spent another 45 minutes, looking through Adobe's website at all the paid plug-ins there. In fact, the Adobe website didn't have much in terms of free plug-ins, but there were a few of them. Even after installing the mezzy plug-in, I spent 20 minutes looking at all the filter affects from this plug-in, adapting the colors, tone, grain, and such. In one sense, the plug-ins are a powerful tool, allowing you to adapt your Photoshop images with certain effects and styles, easier and quicker, than you would having to go through the actual Photoshop menus and tools. You can then concentrate on the creative aspects of your image and composition, rather than trying to figure out how the procedure though Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment